Wednesday 24 March 2010

Ginger Desserts




Ginger Desserts part 1 / Ginger Brulé Tart at Burke Street Bakery

Alright I am not really a tart lover but this blew me away. It is a combination of every taste I like in a sweet and in a brilliant way.
The tart consist of three layers of three different textures. The pie base is perfectly crispy right through and not too sweet. Just crispy! (in most cases pie bases are a little bit soggy close to the filling or too hard, too sweet or like bread). The custard is firm, creamy and ginger flavoured. Ginger in desserts balances the sweet in such a pleasant way. The hard caramel on top is crispy and with a rich sweetness and with pieces of pistachio. The Bourke Street Bakery is one of the most busy spots in Surry Hills. Nice and friendly staff and delicate dishes and coffee. They also have sourgough bread, which I haven't seen much here before.

I saw another Burke Street Bakery further south, and closer to where I live.. so I guess you will know more about them soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment